CCIS, CMA CGM Inland Services, offers customer-oriented transport solutions, whether by road, rail, or waterway. Depending on your individual business needs, we organize tailor-made transports for you.
CCIS offers complete solutions for your container transport demands from organizing the transport to the actual transport to meet your needs on land or even on water. Through our global network, we can offer you far-reaching, flexible solutions.
Discover our different transport solutions and contact us to get a tailormade offer.
As part of a sustainable door-to-door service, trucks play a vital role in keeping the economy moving and are an essential part of our door-to-door service offering.
We believe trucks work best when utilised for the first and last miles of a journey, taking cargo from non-industrialised and even remote areas, before exchanging the cargo with trains or vessels which make efficient use of their ability to move multiple loads at the same time. For this reason, CCIS Transport specialises in using 45-foot containers, which have 33 Euro pallet capacity and the flexibility to travel by road, rail, and sea.
Our fleet of trucks and carefully selected local partners ensure fast, national and international transport services all over the world. We focus on using multimodal transport to deliver your cargo efficiently from door to door. Our modern and dedicated fleets include container trucks, trailers, tautliners, frigo trailers and specialist vehicles. They are equipped with GPS tracking for additional security and to report status at any time. Amongst others, we currently use 37 LNG-fueled trucks in Finland, the Netherlands and Spain, as well as 11 road trains with a capacity of up to 2x45’ in Finland.
Dedicated road service options for you
CCIS Transport rail services connect inland destinations in the most efficient and direct way.
Moving cargo by rail is a fast, direct, and efficient way of connecting the road and sea legs of a journey. Large amounts can be moved over long distances without the usual congestion associated with roads, making rail a significantly better choice for the environment. At CCIS Transport, we make positive use of rail networks across Europe, enabling us to move cargo quickly between inland rail hubs and coastal ports as part of a truly multimodal service.
When moving your cargo by container, you open up the possibility to make use of rail services for parts of the journey. Rail services offer a number of key benefits compared to shipping by truck alone, including:
Direct and Reliable
Train services operate primarily between core distribution and transport hubs and offer a reliable service
When not powered by electricity, trains are still better for the environment due to moving more cargo with less resources
Reduce Road Congestion
Block trains can remove as many as 100 trucks from the road at a time, making roads safer and less congested for other road users
Rail Services Across Europe
CCIS Transport operates various dedicated and non-dedicated rail services which provide us capacity, reliability, and a greener transport solution throughout our group. Corridors are constantly analyzed for potential improvements and new routes. These are the dedicated services we currently have in place:
- Spain: 50-60 weekly dedicated block trains through the main Spanish corridors. These services provide multimodal solutions to the main distribution centers of the Peninsula, via the ports of Bilbao and Seville.
- UK: Daily contracted slots on the Teesport – Mossend – Teesport rail service. Grangemouth to Teesport and vv, Mossend to Liverpool and vv, Daventry to Coatbridge and vv, Coatbridge to Southampton and vv.
- Scandinavian rail network: Weekly rail departures from the port of Oslo to Bergen, Bodo, Fauske, Kristiansand, Mo i Rana, Narvik, Trondheim and Ganddal (Stavanger). Dedicated train space between Södertälje (Stockholm area) and Helsingborg. Connections to/from Helsingborg, Gothenburg, Hallsberg, Norrkoping, Södertälje, Eskilstuna, Gävle, Sundsvall, Umea, Pitea.
- French rail network: CMA CGM France Inland Network offers its customers inland solutions.
- Poland rail service: Up to six weekly connections between Gdynia and inland rail terminals via dedicated Containerships trains, as well as utilisation of various commercially available rail connections in Poland, ensuring broad and frequent connections.
- Italy/ Netherlands: Melzo to Rotterdam with various departures per week.
Dedicated rail service options for you
Through its dedicated barge operators, CCIS Transport is able to manage national and cross border barge services. This will support the peak season container volumes across our network.
CCIS Transport is able to propose weekly services plying between short distance ports, and inland facilities. It takes domestic bound shipments to be transhipped through CMA CGM’s global network of services.